Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Chia Seeds: The New Superfood


If you haven't yet heard about Chia Seeds let me introduce you to one of the best things you can be doing for your body!
These tiny little seeds are truly remarkable and the nutritional benefits are undeniable.
Chia seeds are loaded with:
protein
fiber
omega 3
omega 6
iron
and more antioxidants that blueberries!
As if that wasn't enough, they also help regulate blood sugar and dramatically increase weight loss.
Chia seeds expand 9 times their original size when they are mixed with liquid so they will make you feel fuller faster.
These amazing seeds are highly effective for maintaining consistent energy and avoiding sugar spikes and those mid-day crashes.
If you want more information about the nutritional benefits of Chia Seeds and why we need all that stuff in the first place, check this out:
How to Use Chia Seeds for Health

6 comments:

  1. see my current blog post! i have nominated you for the Liebster Award! Congrats!!! http://myeloquentrambles.blogspot.com/2013/04/liebster-award-3-and-ultimate-blog-hop.html I just had some Chai seeds this afternoon sprinkled over my lunch. too funny! but now my tummy...well :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm going to check that out right now:)
      I hope you're feeling better

      Delete
  2. here is the website for the coconut butter. only 1 ingredient...coconut! lol. http://ohsheglows.com/2010/06/22/homemade-coconut-butter/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess wat I'm making this morning? Coconut Butter! Thank you

      Delete
    2. ohhh! i hope it turn out better for you than for me. mine was a FAIL :( i do not think i have a strong enough blender. oh well. i may melt it down and make some coconut oil with it.

      Delete
    3. You're not alone, mine didn't get the right consistency either. Maybe you need something like the Nuti-Bullet that is powerful to puree carrots or... nails. I will probably use mine in the protein cookies I make for the kids. :)

      Delete